trinity on main
Roof & Facade Restoration
Contract Value: $700,000.00
- Scaffolding of Tower
- Installation of New Slate Roofs
- Pointing of Stones
- Cleaning of Stones
- Fabrication and Installation of New Metal Flashings
Owner: Trinity on Main, LLC
Trinity on Main was built in 1891 as Trinity United Methodist Church. The architect for Trinity United Methodist Church was Amos P. Cutting, one of New England’s most prestigious architects of the late 19th Century. Trinity on Main contracted with G.L. Capasso Inc. to restore the tower of its building.
As part of its contract G.L. Capasso Inc. removed and disposed of the slate roof at the top of the tower. New slates were fabricated by Vermont slate to replicate the original size and pattern of the existing slate. The original copper finial was removed, stored, and reinstalled. G.L. Capasso also cut and pointed all of the mortar joints on the tower, removed and re-set loose stone and cleaned the tower. The project was completed within budget, on schedule and to the satisfaction of the owner and consultant.
Contact G.L. Capasso, Inc. for more information.